Wednesday, July 11, 2012

peaceful

˙ʞ ʎlǝ has added a photo to the pool:

peaceful

Well, whether you all have been aware of it or not, cared or not, I had put an extension request to stay in Korea for another year (with the thoughts of perhaps staying even longer) over a month ago. Only today was I given the news that it was denied...I had been riding on the hope and the good feeling that it was more likely than not going to go through and I would be here for much longer.

The news today hit me quite hard. I have been making steadily stronger relationships with people off base here, and it devastates me that I will have to leave them for at least a year or two before I can possibly get stationed back here...

Nonetheless, I will be going to Okinawa, Japan, and I will be making the most of my time there...and try not to lament too bitterly about the inability to wear fall and spring clothing...oh well. The beaches beckon.

For the next month, you will be getting more pictures from this beautiful land I have come to love: Korea.



No comments:

Post a Comment