Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Focus Your Vision

Out of Chicago has added a photo to the pool:

Focus Your Vision

Skip's Summer School 2012 and Out of Chicago Photowalk #4
Next week, I will be attending Skip's Summer School, a four day hands-on workshop for professional and aspiring photographers organized by Skip Cohen. There are still a few spots available. Go to mei500.com for more information. Along with next week's summer school there are some great free pre-conference events this weekend.
I contacted Skip about running a photo walk for people that are in Chicago from across the country that would like to shoot Chicago. He told me about another walk being run by Levi Sim. Levi is running a portrait photo walk starting at 8PM Saturday starting at the Bean. I will be running a photo walk (wander) starting at 6PM at the Bean. We will end back at the Bean at 8PM. If you would like to continue shooting the city, I'll point you to some of the best spots. Or you can join me for Levi's portrait walk. To join Levi's walk, you need to sign up at the Chicago SMUG site. If you're coming to my walk at 6, let me know in the comments.
From the Chicago SMUG site, you can also sign up for two other free workshops on Sunday at the Doubletree Hilton Oakbrook. The first is a hands-on portrait workshop lead by Levi. The second is about using social media as a photographer, lead by Levi and one of my favorites, Scott Bourne. By signing up for these workshops, you will also gain access to the photo expo for Skip's Summer School and the talk by Melissa Ghionis. Thanks to Smugmug for sponsoring these free events.
Skip asked me to tell the Chicago photographers that he is hosting a Q&A event Saturday at the Doubletree Hilton from 12-3PM with Scott Bourne. Get the details at Skip's site. Skip and Scott are considered the top two experts in jump-starting your photography business and the authors of the book, Going Pro: How to Make the Leap from Aspiring to Professional Photographer. They ask for a minimum $20 donation to the F.I.L.M. project to attend the talk.
I hope to see you at some of these great events!



No comments:

Post a Comment