Saturday, April 28, 2012

Taking Stalker

Mario Cugini has added a photo to the pool:

Taking Stalker

A lovely sunset at Castle Stalker, near Glencoe, back in December. Having to dig some photos out of the archives because I'm struggling to hit sunrises (due to being so early at this time) and sunsets (due to work pressures!).

I'm still using a Canon 500D - it's been a great camera to learn with, but now trying to figure out where to go next. I know full frame is probably the answer, it's just going to be a big spend, particularly when you factor in a new landscape lens (i only have a sigma suitable for cropped sensor). I'd love to go for the new Canon 5d III although wonder if waiting 6-12 months might see a significant price drop. Alternatively i could go for a Canon 7D, it's a big step up on the 500D and means i can keep my lenses, but obviously doesn't have same image quality as full frame (although for what I do, i wonder if it really will make a huge difference for me). Any advice welcome!

On a final note, i just got invited to sign up for Getty - not sure if that's a big thing or not, but would be nice to make a few extra pennies in due course if it happens!



No comments:

Post a Comment