Monday, February 27, 2012

KENFIG CASTLE, SOUTH WALES.

IMAGES OF WALES.... (TIMWOOD) has added a photo to the pool:

KENFIG CASTLE, SOUTH WALES.

Kenfig Castle is a ruined castle in Bridgend County Borough in Wales that came to prominence after the Anglo-Norman invasion of Wales in the late eleventh century. An early reference to a castle at Kenfig can be found in 1080, when Iestyn ap Gwrgan was said to have refortified it, but probably this was a different structure to that raised alongside the town that developed there in the mid-twelfth century.

The castle was sacked by the Welsh on at least six occasions, in 1167, 1183, 1232, 1242, 1294-5, by Morgan ap Maredudd during the revolt of Madog ap Llywelyn, and again in 1316 during the revolt of Llywelyn Bren. By the late fifteenth century both town and castle had been abandoned because of encroaching sand dunes.


My new landscape photography book is for sale at.....
www.flickr.com/photos/imagesofwales/6506618369/in/photost...

Join me on Facebook at.......
www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_12478289093...

© All rights reserved.
This image is copyrighted to Tim Wood; Any users, found to replicate, reproduce, circulate, distribute, download, manipulate or otherwise use my images without my written consent will be in breach of copyright laws. Please contact me at woodrot147@aol.com for express permission to use any of my photographs.

All of my images can be purchased......
Visit my website, coastal and countryside images at......
www.timwoodgallery.com



No comments:

Post a Comment