Friday, January 13, 2012

Lava Skies

Cap'n J's Photography has added a photo to the pool:

Lava Skies

It's been quite awhile since I last posted anything. Got caught up with the holidays, my sister coming home from Europe and moving in with us and this last week I rented a 600mm lens to go shoot the Snowy Owls at Boundary Bay. This morning I was actually not planning on stopping at the 72nd street dike where the owls have been hanging out, but when I saw this sunrise developing in my rearview mirror I got to the dike as quick as I could. I would have liked to get out closer to the water for a more interesting composition, but the light was changing fast and I didn't have muck boots with me. It was one of the nicest sunrises I have seen and turned into a beautiful day. Anyone who is at all interested in wildlife photography should really check this place out. The owls are literally less than 30 feet from the dike trail and very cooperative, it also quite rare for them to be so abundant, around 30 in the area. So I will probably be posting a lot of owls here in the coming days veering away from landscapes for a bit, it is good to have variety, but I wanted to start with this one to set the scene. Your comments and critiques are always welcome and thanks for looking.

Please view on Black.



No comments:

Post a Comment